Food is a vital part of the muscle growth process. In fact, a well-balanced diet focused on the goal of gaining muscle is as or more significant than the sports habits practiced by personal trainers. Proteins are necessary for this concern, but you can also use a different element: omega 3. In this article of healthfuller.com, we will tell you how to take omega 3 to gain muscle mass.
It is confirmed that by knowing how to use omega 3 to gain muscle mass, you can accomplish this improvement in your body. Does it really work? How to take it so that it contributes to the growth of muscles? Is it useful in athletes? And in elderly or recovering people who want to regain their physical tone? In Healthfuller.com we give you all the clues to the doubts that arise on this topic.
Does consuming omega 3 benefits you to gain muscle mass?
Just watch at the scientific side of this topic to know that omega 3 gives to muscle hypertrophy, that is, yes, omega 3 benefits increase muscle mass. Numerous studies have demonstrated the benefits of consuming these fatty acids, both in athletes and in older people or people who recently recovered from an injury and who want to regain the volume of their muscles.
The journal The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition  confirmed with his research that omega 3 helps limit muscle loss in the elderly, it improves the effect of insulin in muscles, supporting its maintenance and subsequent growth.
Another study published by the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition  proves that omega 3 boosts muscle volume while reducing body fat. It also reduces cortisol levels. The subjects that were part of the research were women and men ranging from 34 years of age.
Tips to consume omega 3 to gain muscle mass
After confirming that it works to build muscle, it is essential to know how to take omega 3 to gain muscle mass. For instance, to fight the loss of volume occurring from aging, fish is a highly recommended product: it holds these fatty acids that, joined with sports, contribute to the improvement of muscles.
The amount of omega 3 that you must absorb to be efficient in gaining muscle mass varies depending on your age. The highest amount in men is 1.6 grams per day in adolescents 14-18 years old and adults. As for women, the highest daily number is in teenagers and pregnant adults (1.4 grams). If you are an athlete, your diet should include 3 or 4 weekly servings of fish. At least half that is bluefish. For the rest, watch your fat intake: always opt for monounsaturated (typical of olive oil).
Omega 3 foods
The foods that will provide you with the amount you need daily of omega 3 are the following:
- Fish and shellfish: sardines, mackerel, tuna, and salmon.
- Seeds and nuts.
- Oil of vegetable origin: soy, canola, and linseed.
- Certain foods are fortified with omega 3s, such as some milk, eggs, and juices.
Omega 3 to combat muscle aging
Over 40 years of age, the normal body mass that a person loses is around 20%. The loss is particularly striking in muscle volume, but fat is gained and weight is controlled. Insulin levels diminish over time. To recompense for this, we advise absorbing omega 3, as it is a great remedy against the aging of skin and muscles.
More tips for gaining muscle mass
Omega 3 is confirmed to be a great collaborator for muscle growth. Even so, it is one more element of the rest of the agents required to gain muscle mass. At Healthfuller.com, we give you the following tips to improve muscle mass :
- Protein should predominate in your diet: It is the vital factor to improve the volume of your muscles. Keep in mind that your body has bounded capacity: it consumes a maximum of 20 grams of protein per meal.
- Absorb more calories than you burn: Do it healthily, without violating very greasy foods that will make you overweight. By building your body weight proportionally, your muscles can grow.
- Balanced diet: Despite the value of proteins and the help of omega 3 supplements, you need to satisfy all nutritional needs. Do not skip any meals and try to set a nutritional routine with a doctor so that the method of gaining muscle mass is healthful at all times.
- Consistency in exercise: Comply with the organized plan and train 2 or 3 times a week.
- Double the workload: The rhythm in training loses sense if the volume of the exercises is always the same. It should grow continuously so that the muscles grow progressively and within healthy limits.
- Examine the routines: Depending on the allowed plan, you will need to transform it (both sports and nutritional) every 4-8 weeks so as not to stagnate in muscle development.