The eyebrows are, along with the eyes and lips, one of the most significant parts of the face. Although it shows that eyes and lips have more influence, eyebrows express our features and magnify features. However, if you have dandruff on your eyebrows and they are ignored, it will cause the reverse impression.
Therefore, we advise that you quickly combat any problem that occurs in them, such as dandruff or seborrhea. This can also produce other symptoms such as itching and flaking in the dermis. Try the subsequent natural remedies to eliminate dandruff on your eyebrows. They will surprise you!
Causes of dandruff on eyebrows
If you believed that dandruff can only appear on the scalp, you will be curious to know that it can also exhibit itself in other areas with hair such as the eyebrows. The conditions of dandruff in the eyebrows are very different, and its main characteristics are:
- Inflammation of the skin in the area of the eyebrows.
- Development of yellow plaques that are actually dead skin cells that later uncover.
- Signs such as inflammation, hair loss, and itching in the area may also emerge.
One of the most frequent causes of dandruff in the eyebrows is dermatitis. This skin change causes the skin to be always irritated, generating a constant itch. Besides, it gives exaggerated dehydration of the skin, which produces flaking and the appearance of dandruff.
Between the main causes of dandruff in the eyebrows is also psoriasis. This disease strikes skin cells making them multiply excessively, creating those typical white to yellowish sheets.
Subsequently, you should keep in mind that the repeated use of specific cosmetics and makeup can also contribute to additional dehydration of the skin and, since, to the production of dandruff on the eyebrows. Let us share now with you some best treatment for eyebrow dandruff.
Read Also: 3 Home Remedies To Use Garlic For Acne
Home remedies to remove dandruff from eyebrows
Exfoliate and hydrate the eyebrows
The most popular is that with a few home remedies and a few points you will end dandruff on the eyebrows, or at least lessen it significantly. In the first place, hydrating the area accurately is required, but first, you must serve the skin very well so that it incorporates the cream without difficulties and its purpose is effective.
With a soft toothbrush and a little mild soap, smoothly exfoliate the skin of the eyebrows. To do this, wet the area of the eyebrows and apply a little soap on them and also on the brush. Then apply very soft circular motions to eliminate the dead cells.
When you’re done, you just have to wash your brows to make them clean and hydrated. You do not need to use any special cream to hydrate the area, you can use the same that you use for the face or even your usual body milk.
The more moisturizing the cream, the more reliable, and you will only have to implement it exhaustively so that the area is well fertilized and absorbed correctly. You can repeat this exfoliation process twice a week, and the eyebrow hydration method once or twice a day.
Read Also: Benefits of Barley Tea and How to Prepare it
Almond oil is perfect for stopping dandruff on the eyebrows, although you can also use coconut oil as it is just as useful. In this way, you will assure that the area remains very well hydrated.
Likewise, these two oils also carry antiseptic properties. Therefore, they can stop and fight dermatitis, as well as psoriasis, even when there is any kind of infection. Better that you practice it before going to sleep so that it absorbs well and provides it time to act, and do it as follows:
- If you use coconut oil, heat it a bit to make it more liquid. With the almond one, it will not be required.
- Put a little on each eyebrow until they are well impregnated, as well as their outline.
- Rinse the area very well the next day to counteract pores from clogging. You can use this remedy up to 3 times a week, you will see how the skin in the area seems much more hydrated and dandruff on the eyebrows is disappearing.
Egg yolk and sugar
To fight the different causes of dandruff in the eyebrows, egg oil is also desirable. However, another possibility is to prepare a mask with an egg yolk and a tablespoon of sugar to nourish and hydrate while exfoliating. These are the measures to follow:
- Take an egg and separate the whites from the yolk.
- Combine a teaspoon of sugar to the yolk.
- Blend well until you get a homogeneous mixture and utilize it on the eyebrows until they are well covered.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse with warm water. If you repeat the process 3 times a week, dandruff on the eyebrows will be visibly decreased.
Read Also: Allergic Reactions: Types and Symptoms
4. Aloe Vera gel
The nourishing and hydrating qualities of aloe vera are very efficient in reducing seborrhea and the production of dandruff. Follow these steps when you have the gel or the aloe leaf to eliminate dandruff in the eyebrows:
- Apply aloe vera gel or pulp to your eyebrows 20 minutes before taking bath.
- After this time, you can rinse it off in the same shower.
- You can repeat this remedy every 2 days to show off much more hydrated eyebrows.
- Finally, you can also clean your face very well before applying the gel, leave it to act for 20 minutes, and then wash your face with plenty of warm water.
You May Also Like: How To Take Omega 3 To Gain Muscle Mass