Do you usually arrive too hungry for dinner? Do you bypass snacks for concern of getting fat? If your answers are positive, you cannot miss the 5 recipes for a healthy snack that we will share with you in this article.
Eating a healthy snack can help to keep an optimal level of mental and physical energy to gain good performance in daily activities. Although the other main meals are important, eating this “snack” is very advantageous.
But, it is essential to know how to prepare them with healthy ingredients, as not all options are correct. Flours, processed foods, and sugars are options that should be cut out. So what to cook? Here we share 5 recipes for a healthy snack.
Importance of eating a healthy snack
A lot of people overlook the snack because they think that if they eat it they can get fat. However, against this, having this meal of the day can be beneficial, both for physical and mental health and for body weight.
Not consuming a snack means spending a long time without eating any food. Therefore, the person usually feels without energy and problems concentrating. Besides, you tend to arrive starving at dinner time and eat more food than you should.
Summarizing the above, consuming a healthy snack is necessary because:
- It allows controlling anxiety about food.
- Owns good physical and mental performance.
- Commits to regulate the activity of metabolism.
- It supports good brain function.
- It maintains a sufficient supply of nutrients.
Read Also: Benefits of Barley Tea and How to Prepare it
Recipes to enjoy a healthy snack
The best way to experience a healthy snack is by choosing natural foods, without chemicals, and industrial processes. Although the industry has developed many processed stocks for snacking, it is sufficient to use a little time on natural recipes. Take note!
Turkey and avocado wrap
With this tasty turkey and avocado wrap, you will only be absorbing around 185 calories. Besides, you will make more contributions to protein, fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. We tell you how to prepare turkey and avocado healthy snacks at home.
- Corn tortilla: 1
- Turkey Slice: 1
- Ripe avocado: 1/4
Preparation of turkey and avocado wrap
- First, of all, spread the corn tortilla
- Second, mash the avocado.
- Then, spread the turkey slice over the tortilla and then spread mashed avocado on it.
- Wrap and consume.
Boiled eggs stuffed with hummus
The hummus chickpea is a low-calorie food and we can use to replace sauces and cream in numerous recipes. In this case, we recommend to use it to fill the eggs and replace their yolks. Test it!
- Eggs: 2
- Chickpea hummus (60 g): 4 tablespoons
- To start, boil the eggs in water until they become hard.
- Then, peel them off and exclude the egg yolk.
- To complete, fill each egg with chickpea hummus.
Read Also: 3 Foods That Are Not Good For Your Sex Life
Zucchini and salmon rolls
Who says we can’t use salmon for healthy snacks? If you want to receive an extra dose of omega 3 fatty acids and protein, feel free to experience this simple recipe. You’ll love it!
- Zucchini: 3 strips
- Extra virgin olive oil (15 ml): 1 tablespoon
- Smoked salmon: 2 slices
- First, of all, cut the zucchini strips and stir-fry them in a little olive oil.
- Next, sprinkle a little more olive oil over the vegetable and include it with the salmon slices.
- Finally, roll it up with the help of a toothpick.
The traditional tuna sandwich is one of the healthy snacks that you cannot avoid. Besides being delicious, its mixture of ingredients provides you healthy fats, energy, protein, and other essential nutrients that benefit your well-being.
- Tuna in oil: 50 grams
- Lettuce leaves: 2
- Whole-wheat bread: 2 slices
- To start, dump the tuna in oil.
- Next, on one of the whole-wheat bread slices, put the tuna and lettuce.
- To complete, cover with another slice of whole-wheat bread and enjoy.
Yogurt with fruit, a healthy and quick snack
Do you have limited time to make a healthy snack? Then pick this option. Plain yogurt is a food packed with healthy nutrients for the body. Also, it is ideal to mix it with your desired fruits. In total, you will be consuming approximately about 120 calories.
- Plain yogurt (125 ml): 1/2 cup
- Blueberries: 50 grams
- First, pour the plain yogurt into a pot and rinse the blueberries.
- Next, cut the fruit and combine it to the pot with yogurt.
- Finally, if you want, add some ground nuts.
The snack turns out to be as valuable as any of the main meals. Its preparation with healthy ingredients improves the energy level and manages hunger. Also, it aids to get the required amount of nutrients.